This month, we’re delighted to feature our Pazzo range of terrazzo-inspired porcelain tiles. Terrazzo is a composite stone made of marble, quartz or granite chips set within a cement, resin or polymer base. The terrazzo is cured and cut into tiles or slabs of the appropriate size, then ground and polished to a high finish. Terrazzo is a timeless and elegant material, often used as flooring in classical-inspired and art deco projects. The composition and density of the marble chips can be varied to give a near infinite variety of colour, hue and character to the stone.
Our Pazzo range faithfully reproduces the individuality of terrazzo stone on a hard-wearing ceramic surface, using genuine marble and gemstone effect fragments for added authenticity. The result is a versatile, durable porcelain that captures the interaction of light and colour that characterises genuine terrazzo, with the benefits of straightforward installation and maintenance – and a lower cost.
Pazzo tiles are produced in Italy, meeting Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED) and Building Research Establishment Environmental Assessment Method (BREEAM) standards for sustainable manufacturing.
Unlike terrazzo, which can be delicate, heavy and difficult to transport, Pazzo tiles are lightweight and easy to lay, making them suitable for walls, furnishings and ceiling covers as well as flooring. Lacking the fragility and vulnerability to the elements of natural marble terrazzo, Pazzo can be used in both outdoor and indoor design. This gives designers great flexibility when planning continuity of design through different areas of a building.
- Suitable for high footfall areas
- Non-absorbent, high-performance material
- R-Rated slip resistance – safe for use in wet rooms, pool edgings and stairways
- Scratch-, chip- and wear-resistant
- Chemical- and stain-resistant
- Hygienic and easy to clean – compatible with all cleaning products
- Design versatility – available in standard tile sizes (120x60cm, 60x60cm, 60x30cm, 20x20cm) and bespoke cuttings on request.
Colours & Finishes
The appeal of terrazzo is its eclectic range of colours and styles, lending itself to grand open spaces and smaller, intimate spaces alike. Pazzo provides an even greater level of versatility with a selection of classic and contemporary interpretations:
Please note with the modern style colours you must have a minimum order of 1000m2.
Pazzo can be ordered in three finishes to mimic the look of natural stone:
- Natural/unfinished - allows the beauty of the stone fragments to take centre-stage.
- Polished – for a classic terrazzo look reminiscent of Italian Baroque churches and the Walk of Fame in Hollywood.
- Bush hammered - to give a weathered, antique appearance or to improve anti-slip rating.
Find Out More
Pazzo makes a stunning contribution to commercial, public and residential architecture. The combination of varied stone-effect fragments and hard-wearing porcelain is a marriage of convenience and beauty. Pazzo offers the strength, ease of cleaning and high-performance characteristics required by busy public and front of house areas, while providing a unique brand experience for high-end developments and restorations.
To view a sample or discuss order times, design or installation with one of our experts, please call +44 (0) 7642 2580 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.